Med Institute purchased this facility from Great Lakes Chemical. It is a unique four story pyramid design, which is a landmark in West Lafayette. To get it ready for Med Institute’s use, the building underwent a major renovation/re-wiring/re-lamping/relighting throughout. Our past performance for this client, and for the general contractor, generated such trust in our abilities and integrity that the project was done as cost/plus contracts on a Time and Material basis.
One highlight of this job was a complete renovation and re-lighting of an impressive four story lobby. We also did complete re-lighting front of the building exterior. Due to the pyramid design, trenching had to be done, in some cases, on a 45 degree angle.
D&K worked as a full, collaborating partner with the owner and General Contractor and took part in weekly progress meeting with them. The result was a successful project, done to the client’s expectations, budget and schedule.
- Med Institute, West Lafayette IN – Commercial/Office Facility
- General Contractor: Aspen Group
- Major renovation
- Design Build concept on the “fly” as information trickled down from owner
- Connection into existing 2000 amp 277/480 volt service entrance with added capacity coming from eliminating much of the existing electrical heating units.
- Augmented D&K crew with contract labor to meet aggressive timeline